Try Chiropractic First For Headaches

Although headaches can be due to a wide variety of causes, such as drug reactions, temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ), tightness in the neck muscles, low blood sugar, high blood pressure, stress and fatigue, the majority of recurrent headaches are of two types: tension headaches (also called cervicogenic headaches) and migraine headaches. There is a third, less common, type of headache called a cluster headache that is a cousin to the migraine.

Numerous research studies have shown that chiropractic adjustments are very effective for treating tension headaches, especially headaches that originate in the neck.

Read More

Is Our Purification Right for You?

We are now entering 2017 – can you believe it? Many of us make our New Year’s Resolutions, but what action steps do we take to see that our goals become reality? Statistically, losing weight has been at thetop of the list, and unfortunately, our ambition quickly fades as we settle back into our bad, lazy habits.

Most people think that exercise is the biggest weight loss tool there is. While exercise has a host of health benefits, it really only makes up about 20% of the weight loss equation. The remaining 80% is what we are puttinginto our bodies through diet.

It always seems easy to spew out “eat less calories and you will lose weight”...

Read More

3 Vitamin C Benefits You Need to Know About

Vitamin C plays an essential role in maintaining good health," says Balz Frei, PhD, a leading vitamin C researcher and director of the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University in Corvallis. "It's required for life." Why? Your cells need vitamin C to do their jobs properly, plus it has antioxidant properties to protect them from damage. Unfortunately, our bodies don't produce it, so grab a glass of orange juice and read more about the benefits of vitamin C.

It Helps You Lose Weight. You burn 30 percent more fat during a bout of moderate exercise when you have adequate levels of vitamin C compared to someone who has low levels of the vitamin...

Read More

What Mattress Should I Use?

I wish I had known a little more about mattresses two years ago – before we bought our Tempurpedic mattress. I wish I had known that we didn’t need to spend THAT much money on a “high quality” mattress and still see great results.

We often get asked what mattress people should be sleeping on. While there are many factors to consider, the first thing that we want to look at is the support that the mattress is giving you. We want even support and no sagging. I also recommend a pillow top to provide comfort and a better night sleep while also helping to keep you cooler.

That being said, you may have noticed a huge influx of online mattress stores claiming to be the the most comfortable and affordable. For what it is worth, Dr. Bret and I have begun recommending an online mattress that is ridiculously reasonable too. It’s the Classic Brand, and it is sold through Amazon. Here is why we like it:

Read More

4 Reasons to Drink Hot Lemon Water Every Morning

Whether or not you are trying to cut out coffee from your morning routine, you should first start with a mug of hot lemon water. Here’s why:

It helps you detox every day. While lemons may seem quite acidic, they're a surprisingly good source of an alkaline food that can help balance your body's pH. Internist and doctor of integrative medicine Dr. Frank Lipman is a big proponent of a hot water with lemon habit, since the combination wakes up your liver and flushes out nasty toxins.

Read More